A compilation of random and interesting things, musings, musics, videos, and more. Brought to you by a UChicago student with a penchant for procrastination.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Candy Mountain?

At my last visit to Old Orchard Mall, I was taken aback by a certain shop stand that I saw while walking around the open air shopping center ...


Now I've seen Charlie the Unicorn enough times on YouTube to know that it's become a bit of an internet meme and quite possibly even one of those pop culture references that will drive people insane. But when I saw this stand, the first thing that came to my mind was "Candy Mountain, Charlie!" and I sincerely hope I'm not the only one whose mind jumped to that conclusion.
Now if at this point you have no idea what I'm talking about, just watch the video below:



What do you guys think, could the unicorns truly be funneling their kidney-sale monies to shoddy mall ventures? Is this a coincidence enough to make some sort of valid connection? Could letter shaped plush toys ever be popular enough with mall dwelling pre-teens without the push of a catchy online fad? Or are you all just non-believers ... ("Shun the non-believer. Shuuuuunn, shuuuuunuunnnNAH!")

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Truth is out there!

Labels: , , ,